Transient convicted of killing another homeless man in Anaheim – Orange County Register

SANTA ANA — A 59-year-old homeless man was convicted Tuesday of killing another transient who lived next door in a Salvation Army shelter in Anaheim.

Alvaro Mendoza Sahagun was convicted of second-degree murder in the March 14, 2021, stabbing of 36-year-old Marcos Zavala at the shelter in the 1400 block of South Salvation Place. He is scheduled to be sentenced Aug. 12.

The victim and his wife had been arguing loudly that evening, prompting the defendant to ask Zavala to step outside, where he stabbed him, prosecutors contended in a trial brief.

Sahagun claimed the victim rushed him, but one witness said he heard the defendant say, “I just couldn’t take it anymore,” prosecutors said.

Witnesses said Zavala was heard saying, “You stabbed me.”

FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS

 

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! WebToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a comment