Trial Begins for Man Accused of Killing 2 in DUI Crash

A 29-year-old convicted drunken driver had nearly four times the legal limit of alcohol as well as marijuana in his system when the car he was driving slammed into another vehicle, killing two men and seriously injuring another in Anaheim, a prosecutor told jurors Thursday.

Jose Guadalupe Salasmaria’s attorney Ronald MacGregor deferred making an opening statement.

When Salasmaria was previously convicted of drunken driving in April 2012 he was warned by a judge that instead of vehicular manslaughter he would face murder charges if he caused a deadly DUI collision. He also had to take alcohol education and Mothers Against Drunk Driving classes as part of his sentence, Deputy District Attorney Brian Orue said.

FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS

 

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! WebToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a comment